Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Network Uptime is the total time in a calendar month that the PCSmart Group Network is available through the internet, provided that the client has established connectivity via TCP/UDP. PCSmart Group takes responsability for network availability within thier network, but cannot be held liable for upstream problems outside of our network.
Our guarantee is is that our network will be available to clients free of outages, that render 100% packet loss, 99.9% of each canendar month.
Network Outages / Unscheduled Downtime
Network outages or unscheduled downtime is any unplanned or unscheduled interruption in service availability, during which the client is unable to access services as described in the "Network uptime" section above. A network outage is defined as a problem on the PCSmart Group network as confirmed by PCSmart Group, measured by the length of time in which in which 100% packet loss to our network is experienced in any calendar month.
Scheduled downtime is any scheduled interruption of service, for the purpose of hardware upgrades, software upgrades, maintenance or replacement of equipment. This occurs during notified downtime periods with as much advance notice as possible via email to the client's registered email address on the PCSmart Group billing system, with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
PCSmart Group will use thier reasonable endeavours to ensure any faulty, failed or unsuitable hardware is replaced in a timely manner. Unless explicitly stated on the client's contract, product decription or invoice, PCSmart Group does not offer a guarantee or SLA against hardware or hardware replacement on any PCSmart Group
Clients are eligible for a SLA credit when our network uptime guarantee as detailed in the sections above has not been met, subject to the below SLA Credit Exclusions. PCSmart Group will refund the client 5% of the monthly fee for each hour of downtime, should the period of downtime exceed 98% in one calendar month, a 100% refund for that calendar month will be issued. To request an SLA credit, the client must email our sales department within 10 days of the reported downtime at email@example.com. SLA credit requests will be processed within 1-3 working days.
SLA Credit Exclusions
The following are excluded from the monthly calculation of network availability:
* Problems outside of the PCSmart Group Network including upstream providers, and client's intenet connection
* Inbound malicious traffic referred to a DoS or DDoS (Denial Of Service) against the PCSmart Group network
* Service suspension due to billing related issues, misuse, exploits or failure to respond to abuse reports in a timely manner
* Server hardware failure, defined as Processor(s), RAM, Hard Disk(s), RAID Controller(s), Motherboard, NIC Card and other related hardware.
* Breach of PCSmart Group's Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy
* Over usage of client's bandwidth quota